Designed to handle demanding control applications,
the RIC320 embedded controller is optimized for the Dallas Semiconductor
DS80C320. The RIC-320's flexible design allows the user to work with only the
features needed, but to expand as the application demands. The RIC accepts
standard input / output modules from a variety of manufacturers (for example,
Grayhill or Opto 22) by way of two 50 pin headers. The users may access the
same I / O by way of terminal blocks. The RIC320 has keypad and LCD interfaces
with software drivers in C and assembly. The keypad interface will run up to a
40 button pad, and the LCD interface up to a 4 line by 40 character LCD
display. The board accepts any 40 pin dip 8051 including the 83C51, 87C51,
Intel 8052 Basic chip, and the DS5000 series.
- DS80C320 Microcontroller (or a compatible
40 pin dip 8051 chip)
- 32K EPROM
- 32K RAM / optional battery backed RAM
- Optional additional 32K EEPROM / RAM
- 8, 10, or 10 bit with sign A / D converter
- Real-time clock / calendar (DS14287)
- Operating speed up to 40MHz
- 2 Serial ports (RS232 and RS232 or RS422
or RS485 with networking capabilities)
- 16 bits TTL I / O
- 16 bits of opto-isolated inputs
- 16 bits of high-voltage / high-current
- Terminal blocks to access the I / O
- Standard 50-pin headers to drive
industrial input / output modular boards (Grayhill, Opto 22)
- LCD and keypad interfaces with software
drivers in C and Assembly
- Power supplied to the board by way of 2
position terminal blocks
- Power on LED
- Board operates on +5 volts
- Power consumption is less than 150mA fully
- 6 layer board with separate ground and VCC
planes for industrial noise immunity
- Operating temperature 0 to 70C (optional
extended temperature range)
Program the RIC320 using Assembly,
Basic, C, and Forth. An integrated assembly language environment with example
software programs in C and Assembly come with the RIC320.
Reads51 is an integrated applications software
development system, which runs on an IBM PC or compatible host. Reads51 allows
writing, compiling, assembling, debugging, downloading, and running
applications software in the MCS-51 language. Reads51 contains a C compiler,
relative assembler, linker/locator, editor, chip simulator, assembly
language debugger, and host-to-board communications in a user-friendly,
our products includes a review of the software and hardware, sample
programs, a description of the inner workings of the RROS including
user-accessible system calls, and a full set of circuit diagrams.
Standard Package includes: The
RIC-320, 32K EPROM, 32K RAM, Reads software, User's Guides for board and
software (download from the web), example programs, software tutorial.
A well-regulated 5-volt (±5% @500mA) power
supply, and serial cable is to be provided by the user.
Schools, Students (with valid school ID), and
US military personal receive a 10% discount on all products.
The RIC320 is available with other
processors, different clock speeds, and extended temperature range chips.
Please call us for pricing information on the options you prefer.